On 11-12 December 2019, we were delighted to attend the 8th National Forum on Inclusive Education. The focus of this year’s Forum was on Inclusive education for children with disabilities, through increased investment in building the capacity of teachers and school management.
During the Forum we discussed:
- Identifying supporting mechanisms for Inclusive Education policy implementation
- Familiarizing ourselves with up-to-date policies and action plans on Inclusive Education under the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport
- Promoting the implementation of policies and action plans on Inclusive Education
- Investment in building capacity of teachers and school management
- Advocation work with key and relevant government ministries and development partner communities for increasing budgets for capacity-building of teachers and school management
Speaking, performing and in attendance were representatives from Phnom Penh Thmey Special High school, UNICEF, The Ministry Education Youth and Sport, Rabbit School Organisation, Save the Children, AAR Japan, the Teacher Training Department, the National Institute of Special Education and many more.
We believe that working with multiple partners and reflecting on what’s been done already and planning for what we can do in the future is essential to improving inclusive education in Cambodia. We look forward to further strengthening our work in this area in 2020 and reaching the children that need support the most.